Work remotely anytime, anywhere
Set your own schedule, with unlimited time off!
Meet and interact with students and our other teachers from all over the world
A company culture that is focused on providing affordable education to people around the world, not on maximizing profit
Best technologies – we use leading edge technology in everything we do, and we’re growing as a result
Competitive pay and the ability to withdraw your earnings at any time, even multiple times per week
🌍 About Us
We provide foreign language education online, using live video conferencing technology, to students (both children and adults) around the world. You’ll teach students from the comfort of your own home, using an online classroom built into our website. We have teachers and students just about everywhere: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania. Our mission is to provide exceptional, affordable language education our students, and great jobs for our entire team. We think that education and cultural exchange can help make the world a better place.
👋 A Message from Our Founder
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We are a small company, and our mission from day one has been simple: to provide a great language learning experience for our students, and great jobs for our teachers around the world. Maximizing profit is not our focus. Our “corporate office” is an affordable coworking space that we share with a number of other companies. We have kept our management team small and our overhead low so that we can keep our prices as affordable as possible, thus we can help educate as many people as possible. Educating our students, helping them learn a language while hopefully gaining some insight into a new culture, and creating a great place for all of us to work is our focus. We don’t have outside investors so we get to make decisions together as a company that we think will help us in our mission. If this sounds like a good fit for your goals and interests, I hope you’ll consider joining us! -John Aitchison
✔️ Important Requirements
To apply, scroll down and find the "Our Openings" section. Click the "Apply" button next to the language you wish to teach.
• English ability – please apply, even if your English skills are basic. We are in the process of translating our training materials and other things our teachers need into multiple languages. As we complete this process, we’ll be hiring regardless of English ability. If you have strong English skills that may slightly help your opportunities of gaining a position.
• The language you teach must be your native language, meaning the first language you learned. Please do not apply to teach any language other than your native language. (There is one exception, Latin, as it is not learned natively anywhere)
• You must be from a country where the language you are teaching is spoken natively. For example, if you are applying to teach Japanese, you must be from Japan.
• You must have a quiet, clean place to work. Most of our teachers work from home, in a room that has been specially prepared to look extremely professional and be free from outside noises.
• You will need an internet connection; we are experts on getting internet connections set up all around the world in dozens of countries, so we will help you with this if you do not currently have internet where you will be working.
🤔 Common Questions
Do I need teaching experience?
Many of our teachers do have prior teaching experience, but we consider everyone. If you are highly motivated and excited at the prospect of becoming a teacher, we would love to have you apply. We have an extremely extensive initial training and certification process, as well as long-term ongoing assessment and training; if you are willing to put in a lot of time and work, you can learn to be a great teacher of your native language, regardless of your past career. If you don’t have teaching experience though, this training process will be extensive and difficult. Not everyone who beings the process is able to pass and complete it. Our training processes have been developed by many teachers with literally hundreds of years of combined teaching experience. When you complete the training process, you’ll be a world-class teacher of your native language, and a new career open to you!
How and when do I get paid?
Your salary will be dependent on your skill and previous experience. For receiving your pay there are two main options, a debit card (that will be sent to you in the mail) or a bank account. Using leading edge technology, we’ve built a system that allows you to withdraw your earnings to the debit card or your bank account at any time, by just clicking a button in your account here on our website. (Most companies in the educational tutoring world only allow you to withdraw your earnings on a set schedule once per month) Aside from your hourly wage, students can send you tips, which are of course automatically added to your pay.
I'm not great with computers, and I think I may be too old to do this.
You're not, and we will help you learn the technical side. Many of our best teachers are formerly retired, who love to teach; learning how to use a computer to effectively teach online is part of our training.
Where is the company located?
Our headquarters are in Eugene, Oregon, United States. We of course have teachers and students all over the world.